In 1948, a charity Commission Scheme appointed Alsager Urban District Council as the Trustees of the Charity known as the 'Alsager Institute' (Registered Charity No. 520002/1).
Following local government re-organisation in 1974, the Trusteeship was transferred to Alsager Town Council.
As Trustees, the Town Council has appointed an Institute Committee, consisting of six members of The Town Council who are responsible for the overall management and control of the Institute and Bowling Green.
Various meetings are held throughout the year, and Accounts submitted to the Charity Commission, who has to be satisfied that the Trustees are managing the premises in line with the Charity Commision Scheme.
The Alsager Institute is located in Green Drive, off Sandbach Road North, Alsager.
The Institute uses for many events & occasions
The Institute is used by:
- Pips Day Nursery
- Bowling Green - run by the Institute Bowling Club
- Junior Bowling Club
- Snooker Hall
- Lynne Cox School of Dance
- National Association of Road Transport Modellers
- Military Whist Club
- Womens Institute
- Alsager Jujitsu Club
- Rooms for Hire for social and recreational use
For more information please call 01270 879711. Bookings are dealt with by the Andrea Taylor.